We all love a tasty, soul-satisfying coffee or tea - whether it be hot or cold. Unfortunately, the making of these beverages often includes plastic somewhere along the process, whether it's the filter or the bag or the cup or kettle. Such plastic sources can leach chemicals into your drink, as well as contribute to landfill waste down the line. This filter system is simple, handy, and plastic-free. It works with any wide mouth mason jar to make yummy cold brews of coffee or tea - of course it’s excellent for hot bevvies too!
The rust-proof, durable filter is crafted for long-term use, but also dishwasher safe, making for an easy clean between uses. Using this filter system is especially eco-friendly because you avoid disposable filters and tea bags and tags - all while getting a better tasting and artfully brewed java or tea! Remember to compost your used coffee grounds and tea leaves for a truly zero waste brewing experience. Use it also for nut milks!
For Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate – Three easy peasy steps:
1) Fill the filter to around 3/4 full with coarse ground coffee, thus allowing for expansion.
2) Add cold water to fill up the jar.
3) Let it sit on your countertop or in your fridge for at least 24 hours.
For Chilled Tea – Similar steps:
1) Add 1-2 teaspoons of your tea of choice to the filter.
2) Pour over 6-8 oz of cold water.
3) Steep it in your fridge for 6 to 12 hours depending on the type of tea and how strong you like it (6-8 hours for white/green tea; 8-12 hours for black/oolong).
- Outer diameter: 8.4 cm / 3.3"
- Inner diameter: 7 cm / 2.75"
- Height: 15 cm / 5.9"
Material: 304 Stainless steel
Mesh size: 100 microns
Country of manufacture: China
Care Instructions: Dishwasher safe.
Health & Environment: BPA, lead, phthalate- free. Recyclable at the end of life, FDA and Tuv certification.
Packaging: Cardboard box. Despite our best efforts to avoid plastic, the box has a clear plastic film coating, we apologize in advance for this.