We've got a dental kit for the whole family! This set includes four adult bamboo toothbrushes, two children sized wooden toothbrushes, and three spools of plastic-free dental floss in a refillable glass Jar.
Seeing as the plastic toothbrush market is HUGE and a large majority of plastic toothbrushes end up in landfills or the oceans, we looked hard to find a plastic-free wooden toothbrush you that could toss in your compost or campfire.
The adult toothbrushes are made from renewable Miso bamboo and disinfected boar hair bristles. The children's toothbrushes are made of sustainably harvested beechwood, preserved with linseed oil, coated in beeswax and has natural bristles made of pig hair. The bristles may seem firm the first time you use the brush, but they soften quickly when moistened. So you can actually adjust the bristle hardness to your preference based on the moisture level. If you want them really soft, just soak the brush in warm water for a minute before brushing.
It is a good idea to let the toothbrush dry thoroughly between teeth cleaning sessions. Also a good idea to rinse it with very hot water periodically to deep clean it. The toothbrush is treated with beeswax for long lasting protection. The head of the toothbrush is wrapped in a small piece of compostable cellulose cellophane held with a metal/cardboard clip that is 100% recyclable.
You might think "yuk, pig hair!", but the pig hair is completely sanitized and naturally bleached. And it is sustainably sourced... The German manufacturer obtains the pig hair from China, which is currently the only place in the world from where these long-haired pig bristles can be sourced. The bristles come from a domesticated race of long-haired pig that is bred and raised for meat. When the animals are harvested for the meat, the hairs are normally discarded because the meat industry has no use for them. Here the bristles are being used for a positive purpose, rather than simply being thrown out as waste. Click here to read a blog post about this toothbrush by a BBC journalist.
The natural dental silk is a must-have for your eco-friendly oral hygiene routine. It is made from 100% natural mulberry silk and is coated in beeswax to ease and enhance your flossing experience. It is an Earth-friendly alternative as this floss is biodegradable and the glass container can actually be refilled with extra spools of floss that come in compostable packaging! Each spool contains 30 metres of floss and they have a hint of peppermint!
Please note that orders of toothbrushes ship separately from anything else you might order (though at no extra shipping charge to you).
- Adult toothbrush: miso bamboo and disinfected boar hair bristles
- Children's toothbrush: sustainably harvested beechwood, preserved with linseed oil, coated in beeswax and has natural bristles made of pig hair.
- Floss: Mulberry silk, beeswax coating, peppermint essential oil.
- Adult Toothbrush: Length x Width x Height: 16.7 x 1.2 x 1.7 cm / 6.5" x 0.5" x 0.7" Bristle Length: 1 cm / 0.4"
- Child Toothbrush: Length x Width x Height: 14 x 1 x 1.7 cm / 5.5" x 0.4" x 0.7" Bristle Length: 1 cm / 0.4"
- Natural Dental Floss: Width x Height: 3cm x 4cm / 1.18" x 1.57"
Care Instructions: Allow toothbrush to dry thoroughly between teeth cleaning sessions. Rinse periodically with very hot water to deep clean. Should last about 3 months with regular use.
Country of Manufacture: Adult toothbrush and floss made in China, children's toothbrush made in Germany.
Health and Environment: BPA-free, phthalate-free, PVC-free and lead-free. Compostable.
- Adult toothbrush comes in a recyclable cardboard box.
- Children's toothbrush comes in a compostable cellulose packaging and a recyclable twist tie.
- Floss in a glass jar has a recyclable cardboard box.
- Floss refills come in a recyclable cardboard box and are wrapped in a small waxed paper.
Be the first to review this product.
- 0.46 KGS