This one-size fits all toxin-free cloth diaper is reusable and fits most babies 5-35 lbs. The snapping system was built to fit many sizes as it adjusts around the thighs and back to make a custom fit that is comfortable for your little one. The snaps are also placed in a way so that they won't be rubbing against the skin.
The diaper has several components. The cloth is made from 55% hemp, which is an extremely absorbant fabric that contains natural, antifungal, and anti-bacterial properties. Hemp does not require herbicides or pesticides to grow, meaning it is safe for your baby and for our planet! The cloth is also 45% certified organic cotton that is grown and milled in the USA. This mix of materials makes for a soft and effective diaper that naturally reduces the likelihood of diaper rash. The thread is 100% unbleached organic cotton and the elastic is latex-free. Although the snaps are plastic, they are non-PVC and hypoallergenic and we are exploring ways to replace these with metal ones - as well, they are not in direct contact with baby's skin.
The diaper comes with a contour which is an additional layer that snaps into the cloth diaper for extra absorbancy. This contour can actually be used alone on newborns 5-10 lbs. When they start growing, the contour can be snapped into the fitted cloth diaper and this can be used for smaller babies by folding the top down and in, and overlaping the wings to snap the cloth diaper as tight as possible. (Link to diaper tutorial coming soon!)
Additional pads can also be placed between the cloth diaper and the contour for extra absorbancy.
For newborns, this one-sized diaper may be a little large but you can always use the doublers for smaller newborns.
Natural fibers have naturally occurring oils that need to be stripped for maximum performance. Therefore, diapers should be machine washed on hot five times (only once with detergent) before the first use to increase effectiveness. Soiled diapers, contours, and pads should be washed separately from other laundry. To maximize on loads, many families have an airtight bin where they rinse their diapers and store them to do a larger load of diapers at once.
- Step 1. Rinse the soiled diaper into the toilet bowl and place soiled items in a closed bin until you are ready to wash.
- Step 2. Toss the rinsed soiled items in the washing machine and wash with hot water using a biodegradable detergent like our Washing Greens All Natural Detergent.
- Step 3. Hang items to dry in the sunshine or place in machine dryer on hot for 60-90 minutes. Diapers will shrink with the first three washes.
This process should keep your reusable cloth diapers clean and smelling fresh!
If the diapers still smell after washing, run them through the washing maching again. Once clean, they can either go in the dryer for 60-90 minutes or can be hung to dry in the sunlight. (Link to full washing process coming soon!)
Boiling these diapers will harm the elastic and the snaps, and bleach can ruin the diapers and possibly irritate your child's skin.
Products to avoid on cotton and hemp cloth diapers:
- Detergents with fragrances, enzymes, and other additives or harsh chemicals.
- Most specialty 'for cloth diapers' laundry products.
- Homemade detergent.
- Fabric softeners, dryer sheets and other products to coat fabrics.
- Oxygen cleaners with excessive amounts of sodium percarbonate or sodium carbonate peroxyhydrate or washing soda. Very high heat and too high pH can lead to roughness, piling, and fabric degredation.
For more information on the reusable cloth diaper kit and the detailed washing instructions for covers, check out our blog post!
Materials: 55% hemp and 45% certified organic cotton.
Care Instructions: Rinse, machine wash on hot, place in dryer for 60-90 mins.
Country of Manufacture: United States.
Health and Environment: BPA-free, phthalate-free, PVC-free and lead-free.
Be the first to review this product.
- 2.74 KGS